In line with our mission statement we want to ensure equality exists within our school so that all children are included and supported to achieve their personal best.
Equality Objectives 2020-2021:
- To narrow gaps in learning between vulnerable groups of pupils to enable more to reach greater depth in their attainment.
- To further promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curriculum activities, with more specific reference to equality and diversity.
- To increase the level of pupil voice ensuring distributed representation on the school council, fostering good relationships amongst all groups of learners.
- To link equality to the teaching of British Values more in school.
- To review the intent of the curriculum ensuring equality teaching is threaded through the whole curriculum where appropriate.
The Public-Sector Equality Duty:
School is fully aware of and complies with the public-sector equality duty by:
- Promote equality through our school mission statement by ensuring respect for all.
- Being a fully inclusive school, whereby all pupils have full access to the curriculum.
- Differentiating lessons ensuring every child can be challenged at the appropriate level motivating and inspiring them to learn.
- Ensuring equal opportunities for all regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation.
- Promoting and educating staff through quality continuous professional development in aspects of equality and how to support pupils if any concerns are raised.
- Following policies, procedures and local authority guidance to deal with any concerns raised regarding equality e.g. in the case of any discrimination, harassment or victimisation.
- Promote equality beyond school by supporting the wider community through charity work and work within the community.
- Teach aspects of equality through the school curriculum through SMSC, multi faith teaching and by promoting British values.
- Developing good home school links and by offering support so all parents are also inclusive in our school community.